Feeding Avery Families, Inc. was established in 2005 and depends solely on donations, gifts, and grants to support its mission. It is recognized by the IRS as a 501(c)(3) publicly supported, non-profit organization and contributions are tax deductible as allowed by law.
Feeding Avery Families is grateful for the generous support of many churches, businesses, organizations and individuals. Support is provided through financial donations, food drives, materials, services and volunteer hours.
Since our food is purchased at highly discounted rates from MANNA FoodBank or donated by local grocery stores, churches and individuals, just $100 provides about 35 pounds of non-perishable food, produce and meat to 25 people.
Financial donations can be mailed to:
Feeding Avery Families, Inc.
P.O. Box 1075
Banner Elk, NC 28604
The following are among the many organizations that support Feeding Avery Families:
- Arbor Dale Presbyterian Church
- Avery County Rotary Club
- Banner Elk Presbyterian Church
- Banner Elk United Methodist Church
- Blue Ridge Academy
- Food Lion – Banner Elk
- High Country Charitable Foundation
- High Country Health Foundation
- Ingles – Newland
- Kiwanis Club of Banner Elk
- Lowes Foods at Tynecastle
- Lees-McRae College
- Mount Calvary Baptist Church
- Norwood Commercial Appliances, Inc.
- Quality Electric of Banner Elk
- Sothebys Realty
- The Thoreson Foundation
Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases when you select Feeding Avery Families as the charity. Go to smile.amazon.com. Then select Feeding Avery Families.